22 October 2011

|| Our Luzern Day in Aqua and Yellow ||

You are about to be picture overloaded.
And it is a great thing.

Jachen and I, like said in the previous post, made our two hour drive to Luzern today. Jachen had the brilliant idea yesterday and of course I was all for it...Luzern is one of my favorite cities. It is such a beautiful drive in these parts of Switzerland {Out of my experience and professional opinion the Eastern side of Switzerland is far more beautiful than the Western} and I had the big time luck of driving through Rapperswil, one of my other favorite places, on our way. I have such fond memories of Rapperswil. THEN we drove to Waedenswil{pronounced Vadensvil} THE place/village I lived in when I was an Au pair a year and a half ago. I LOVE Waedenswil so much. Not only do I love the physical place, but the whole experience I had makes it such a special place to me. After our drive around Waedenswil we made our way to Luzern. Luzern was hoppin' today. Luzern is one of the more touristy cities. I don't blame it. It is gaaaourgous. First we stopped off at our favorite little park/water front...ate chips, walked around, took pics, were cold, found acorns and then used the nearby museum's bathroom.

Thennnn, we found parking in our favorite parking garage{we used twice now but it's officially our favorite} then first up was buying me some Luxemburgerli aka mini-macaroons...which the store is conveniently right outside where we park. Last year when we went to Luzern was the first time I had macaroons and I fell in love. Duh, I expected to. They are as good as they look...better even. Then we moseyed on over the bridge{the real bridge} and found some new places neither of us had been before, found one particularly huge swan, spotted some American's and then made our way to the famous wooden bridge. This bridge and how it is long and situated is sure magnificent in real life. Then we walked around the shops and even went in a couple. Fancy us. After our escapades we headed back to the car for our drive home. Oh, but you can't forget our fancy dinner at Mcdonalds. 

Okay. So to be real here. Mcdonalds we can pretty much trust to be well...Mcdonalds...however not in Switzerland. They play by their own rules...in my experience. Not only do they have occasional themed months{like the Swiss month when they sell Swiss inspired burgers as pictured} and nice giveaways which is great butttt also...in my experience every Mcdonalds we have eaten at here is a disappointment. Meaning they are such skimpers! As you can see Jachen's 11.90 Swiss Mcgrillwurst is quite pitiful looking...WHAT is going on with that wimpy bacon? And do you see how those "onions" near the mustard are like flung on? Jachen seemed to like the burger, but the quality for the price is not there. It is almost embarrassing. I have had previous similar problems at Mcdonalds here. And thennn, I got a Swiss inspired Mcflurry on our way out and they put soo little ice cream in the cup. It is ridiculous. If I could speak German I would have demanded the right amount of ice cream. This is a common theme in this country, in my experience, they charge $$$$$ for little amounts. So frustrating. The end. That is my Swiss Mcdonalds rant. However, they do make nuggets just how I like them. I can count on that.

What a great day we had. I sure love that Jachen kid. He holds my bags for me{without me having to ask him to}, he lets me take a million pictures in general and of him, AND he likes being in the pictures, he lets me complain about my still annoyingly hurt ankle, joins in on the "spotting American's" game and he is just a great travel buddy. He is up for anything and holds my hand all the while. 

Okay, now on to the pictures. You ready? 
There are 49 to be exact.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Isn't that a great picture to end with? I think so. 
Photobucket

7 comments:

kaitlin said...

what a fun trip you had!
and it's true, jachey is a good travel partner. he's always up for anything!
and those macaroons look to die for!

bryin!

Olivia Carter said...

Looks like so much fun! I love that Jachen will let you take tons of pictures of him- Scott hates having his pic taken so I rarely get a model for when we are out & about :)

joslin said...

love jachen being the model. great. and love his hat. looks like it was fun!

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a lovely day! We have "national burger" theme at Mc Donald's too...but with a swedish theme of course. But our burgers are not as original as this ;)

Have a great week! //Niina

brooke field said...

What a lovely blog you have! Thanks for visiting mine too :)

Unknown said...

look at you two, being all cute and married.

stephanie said...

going!