30 November 2011

|| Our Thanksgiving ||

Well, we celebrated Thanksgiving over on this side of the world. During the day, Jachen was at work since clearly the Swiss do not celebrate this holiday{unless married to an American}. So during the day I watched the A&E version of Pride & Prejudice, the best one, while preparing for our Thanksgiving dinner. Jachen came home, we finished Pride & Prejudice, ate and wrote down some things we are thankful for this year. After, we went for a walk up to a Christmas art sale our village was having. It was a chilly night, but a great long walk to end the evening.

Also, I was able to Skype at the Farmer house, where I have spent many of Thanksgivings. My sister Alicia was there with her family so I talked with all them too. The Farmer family are technically unrelated, but oh so much family to our family. Also, I was able to Skype my family over at their celebration. It was wonderful to see my Grandma Jackie, I sure love her and I don't get to see her often...especially since I live moons away now. It was great being able to be part of both celebrations. Oh, and you should know, that first picture of Kaitlin and Joslin...I told them about a blog they should follow and the were looking at it when I took the picture...hence the "concentrating" faces.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Quigley Family said...

Your Thanksgiving looks lovely, so warm and fallish. Great job. We missed you but it was nice being able to sykpe. Love ya!

kaitlin said...

haha such a funny picture of me and jos. could we have timed that better? i mean we talked for atleast a half hour! so fun to talk to you.

and what a cute feast you had, good decorations over there in switzy.

logra!